You don’t have to be a top pastry chef to get the perfect reaction from friends and family with this quick and easy pie recipe. Experience a coming together unlike any other with pistachios and premium Bedré melting wafers all baked inside a warm pie crust.
- Refrigerated pie dough, or homemade pie shell
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup of Bedre Dark Chocolate Wafers
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs (farm fresh is the best)
- 1 /2 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bedre Dark Chocolate Wafers (chopped, shaved or partly melted)
- 1 cup of chopped pistachios (roasted, salted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree (175c), prepare pie shell by forming pie dough in a 10 -inch pie pan and set aside. Hint: recipe could also make 2, 8-inch pies.
- Melt chocolate wafers in double boiler on low heat, stirring consistently (typically melts in about 5 minutes). Heat evaporated milk in separate pan to a simmer, but not boiling. Once chocolate has melted in the other pan, slowly whisk chocolate into evaporated milk until completely blended and set aside to cool down to room temperature. Hint: Use left over pan with melted chocolate to add additional chocolate wafers as a topping, if you want to do a drizzle topping.
- Mix sugar, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add slowly the chocolate milk mixture until completely blended.
- Pour mixture into pie shell(s) and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Pie will form crust but still have a soft center. Let cool for 10 minutes or so, at this point add a layer of heavy chocolate drizzle, or finely chopped wafers. As a final layer, add chopped pistachios. Cool pie for at least 1 hour or until pie is at room temperature before serving.
The chop pistachios make a great holiday look.
Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 10-inch pie OR two 8-inch pies