Get extra points for creativity and incite all the cravings with this incredible holiday recipe. Here, dark chocolate meets farm fresh ingredients for the most amazing things to come in individual servings.
- Refrigerated pie dough, or homemade pie shell
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 / 3 cup, Bedre Dark Chocolate Wafers for melting
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar
- 2 eggs (farm fresh is the best)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degree (175c), grease pie shells very lightly, then form pie dough into 8, 4.5-inch mini pie shells and set aside.
- Melt 2/3 cup of chocolate wafers in double boiler on low heat, turning consistently (usually takes about 5 minutes to melt). Heat one cup of evaporated milk in separate pan to a simmer, but not boiling. Once chocolate has melted in the other pan, slowly whisk chocolate into evaporated milk until completely blended. Reserve chocolate pan for more melting chocolate later as a topping.
- Mix on low, sugar, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Slowly add the chocolate milk mixture until completely blended.
- Pour mixture into mini pie shells, about 3/4 high, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Pies will have a bubbly consistency around the pie edges with a soft center when removed. The amount of butter in this recipe will give the crust a great flaky, buttery flavor. Let cool for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour before adding toppings, or bring to room temperature.
Be creative! Use the suggested toppings below or make up your own for the holidays. Make sure pie is completely cool before adding whipped cream or melted chocolate for drizzling.
- Melted chocolate for drizzling (same melting directions using double boiler)
- Whipping cream as a topping with raspberries or strawberries
- Sprinkling of Nuts (Pecans, Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews)
- Chopped cranberries, apricots, or other dried fruits
Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 8 individual pies, 4.5″