A classic is hard to beat. Check out this recipe for a refined take on Chocolate Cream Pie.
- 8 oz Bedré Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 large whole egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pie crust baked and cooled, or your favorite cookie or graham cracker crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Add sugar, salt, cornstarch, egg yolks and milk to a saucepan and whisk together until combined. Over medium heat, stir continuously until the mixture is hot, bubbly and thickening. Appx 8-10 mins. As soon as the mixture starts to thicken remove from heat. Stir in the Bedré Dark Melting Chocolate Wafers and butter until fully combined. Pour into your crust and cool in the refrigerator.
- While the pie is cooling blend heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until stiff peaks are formed. After pie has cooled top it with the whipped cream and drizzle with melted chocolate and chocolate shavings.