Be the star of any occasion when you show up with this chocolatey twist on a classic treat.
- 2¼ cups Bedré Melting Chocolate Wafers (Light, Dark, or White)
- 4 – 8oz packages cream cheese
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- Using a double boiler or glass bowl over simmering water, melt Bedré Melting Dark Chocolate Wafers, stirring with a rubber spatula constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Mix softened cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add in sugar, sour cream, vanilla and mix until well blended. Add cocoa and mix on low speed. Add eggs, one at a time until incorporated. Pour melted chocolate into the cheesecake batter and mix until incorporated. Pour into a 9″ springform pan that has been prepared with non-stick spray and a parchment liner in the bottom. Wrap bottom of pan with aluminum foil and set into a 1″ water bath prior to placing into the oven. This helps to prevent cracking of your cheesecake.
- Bake at 275 degrees until Cheesecake center measure 155° in temperature, appx 55 mins. Once cheesecake is baked, turn off the stove and crack the oven door until cheesecake it is at room temperature. Chill overnight before adding chocolate ganache topping and serve.
- 1½ cups Bedré Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted
- Bring heavy cream to a slight simmer. Pour over the chocolate melts and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes so the melts can soften. Stir with a rubber spatula until well incorporated. Slowly stir in the sweet cream butter until the ganache is well mixed and glossy in appearance. Pour over completely chilled cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 15 to 30 minutes until ganache has set.